Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Meaningful Gift

I knew I would pass my engagement ring down to my daughter
but what would she do with it?  Wear it?  
She has her own engagement ring. 
So I decided to make a meaningful gift for her by having it made into a necklace.
The stone is teardrop shaped with 2 baguettes.
The teardrop was particularly appropriate for her upcoming wedding
to symbolize her Dad, since he passed away several years ago.

The center sapphire was added....It is her birthstone
and also the color she chose for the wedding....sapphire & diamond.
My friend Judy took me into Manhattan to see her jeweler.  I didn't know who to trust.
They helped me design it, pick the stone, and made the necklace while I waited.
They did a beautiful job and I gave it to her at her "Teacup" Bridal Shower 
Her two brothers will give her away
but I think that this will help her know that her Dad will be with her also.


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift. Not just it's physical beauty, but what it represents. A family treasure to be passed along into the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a very special touch, she'll love it!
    Linda thank you for the encouraging love. He is. Amen. <3 Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. HeartSaidSo has left a new comment on your post "A Meaningful Gift":

    Wow! That is a very special touch, she'll love it!
    Linda thank you for the encouraging love. He is. Amen. <3 Ana

    ReplyDelete

I am always thrilled to receive comments and read every single one of them!