Thursday, November 17, 2011

Vintage Inspired Christmas

I found these 3 little lovely card or photo holders in a thrift store today for $1.  I just couldn't leave them there...but what to do with them?  
That was the question.
I thought of searching through old family Christmas photos but that seemed to be a daunting task.  My Mom was great at organizing, sorting, boxing, displaying etc. photos and photo books....me....not so much.

Sooooo...I thought maybe I could get some cool vintage photos online to print...YES....there were hundreds to choose from.....

So here is my display....in 10 minutes....this is what I came up with.

 
I decided on copies of old post cards,
since vintage photos of people I didn't know seemed weird.  
I used a cream colored card stock and trimmed them to size 
with a paper cutter to get nice straight lines.

and ps:  I found these Department 56 bottle brush trees yesterday at Savers for only $2.  A Savers just opened up near me and it was the first time I had been there.  My Mom used to take me to a Savers in Arizona
but I didn't realize it was a chain thrift store....
Now It will be one of my new haunts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always thrilled to receive comments and read every single one of them!