Tuesday, November 29, 2011

ism's - Adorable Things Kids Say

When my kids were little, life was very busy. 
I would try to remember the adorable things they said, but much of it slipped away. 
I used to write things in their baby books once or twice a year,
but as time went by, several years got skipped.  
Then I would frantically try to catch up, 
sometimes writing things that spanned a few years. 

I didn't want those adorable things lost for my grandchildren,
so I made this box for easy access in writing things down.

I have four grand daughters, ages 4, 3, 2 & 1 and another grandchild on the way.
I think this box will eventually contain tons of wonderful memories.

I am thrilled that Ayla telling me not to forget her sticklips (chapstick) or
Kierslynn telling me all about how "time-out" works are priceless and will not be lost.

The box was easy enough to make. 
A can of spray paint on a wooden box from Michaels
along with some stick on embellishments,
but any recycled recipe box etc. will do. 


I used  Hallmark card software that I had installed on my computer to design  the cards.


I wish I had one of these....

when my oldest asked me if "Daddy & I really did that" while holding his head in his hands 
after finding out I was pregnant with my youngest
or
when my middle one broke out in song in a supermarket at 4 years old 
belting out a very loud version of
"Don't You Want Me Baby" by The Human League, to the shoppers delight
or
when my daughter wanted me to use the "Vice-a-vator" on her and I finally figured out 
she wanted me to get out the vaporizer to put in her room

There were so many more....
that are like wisps of memory now....
once in awhile one pops up in my mind, 
and when it does, I will write it down.

5 comments:

  1. Adorable!! What a sweet idea :) It'll be so nice to go through all those memories, especially when your grandchildren grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute idea! I'm always writing down the funny things my kids say in my journal :) I have a newer blog too - hop over if you get a chance!
    www.dainty-posies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, I understand where you are coming from. I have forgotten most of the cute things my children said in their young years. Unfortunately I am not close (distance-wise) to my grandchild to do what you are doing. If only..... Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, that is the smartest idea ever. I've forgotten so many things that I laughed so hard at and never thought I would forget. I know I would have used this when my son and my grands were little.

    Thanks for stopping by. I love my new sailboat and Small Holdings Farm too.
    I'm your new follower.
    Hugs...Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute

    ReplyDelete

I am always thrilled to receive comments and read every single one of them!