Friday, July 15, 2011

Long Island Farm Stands = Summer Roasted Vegetables

One of my favorite things to do in summer is visit some of our fabulous Long Island Farm Stands

Summer Roasted Vegetables on the Bar-B-Q are a real treat
 I always try to have some on hand to put on sandwiches or have with dinner
 There are several kinds and shapes of pans you can use. I prefer the kind with the holes over the mesh type.  There is more of a heat surface for good caramelization and browning

The varieties and combination's  are endless....Asparagus, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots, Eggplant, Green Beans, Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, Scallions, Sweet Potatoes, Yellow Squash and Zucchini are some of my favorites
The Salad Shooter works great for many of the veggies.  It slices them nice and thin so they cook through evenly but any slicer or mandolin will work well.
 A quick toss with some extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper and you are ready to go!
Place them on the Bar-B-Q and close the lid.  
This pan is what I use for 2 people but I had company this day so the pan is overflowing. 
 They will cook down and caramelize in about an hour
DELICIOUS & Ready to be served! 
You can add balsamic vinegar, grated cheese etc. for added flavor, but I love them plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always thrilled to receive comments and read every single one of them!