Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Guest Rooms are Ready

In October, I started building guest rooms downstairs to accommodate some
of my out of state family that will be coming in for my daughters wedding in a few weeks.  
This is what they started out like


And now....with some hard work....the payoff
This is the stairs.  I had purchased this stained glass window from
Small Holdings Farm
and the whitewashed fence piece from White Flower Farmhouse
several years ago....not sure what I was going to do with them at the time. 
I thought they were perfect together for filling up the tall space.


Now the foyer area....We had the old Deacons bench which fit perfectly in this spot.  
There is a closet under the stairs that fits (almost) all my Christmas decor.
The metal scroll was purchased at Pier 1 at 50% off....what a find!
This is the area between the two rooms....the other side of the foyer.  The corner shelf belonged to my Grandmother....it has traveled with me everywhere I have lived and been
many different colors.  I thought the full length mirror would be a nice
convenience for my guests....$2.00 at a yard sale.

And here are the bedrooms. We decided on one room with 2 twin beds
and another with a queen size bed. 
I think the room with the twin beds will come in very handy for
my granddaughters in years to come.
In trying to keep to a budget I picked up a few pieces at junk shops and yard sales and painted them.  The chair was at the curb....so that was free.  I love the luggage rack.  The lamps were a $5 yard sale find....but the shades were more expensive than I anticipated. 
I purchased most of the linens at Marshalls & TJ Max....
all very affordable for nice quality & 100% cotton


I also love hooks....of all kinds....so these are just two of the several I have incorporated
 into the rooms and foyer

I'm all ready for my guests....It will be great having my family here for two whole weeks....
it happens so seldom, that everyone is here at the same time.  I can't wait!


7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful result! Several years ago, we finished a basement. What a transformation! I know your guests will enjoy their accommodations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done an amazing job with mostly garage sale/curbside treasures! Your guests will be charmed! Congratulations to your daughter and all of your family on the upcoming nuptuals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the remodel or addition. I love repurposing things too. Enjoy your time with family and your daughter's wedding. Blessings from Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! what a great job! I am visiting from the hop! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back! thanks so much!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that fence piece. Looks like something I would hang and the window oh boy, how great is that one. I live in a small town and I use stain glass along with curtains for a little more privacy but still a lot of light.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rooms are gorgeous! I think any guest wouldn't want to leave, lol! How fun to be able to entertain and give them their own space.

    Thank you for linking up to "Making Your Home Sing Monday" meme. I'd appreciate it if you could put a courtesy link back to my blog the next time you link up. That way your readers could join the party as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I am always thrilled to receive comments and read every single one of them!